Wednesday, August 5, 2009

500 Days of Summer

Similar to a lot of my previous boyfriends, I had known about 500 Days of Summer for a while and didn't pay much attention to it until I got really, really bored. It was initially on the bill for the Atlanta Film Fest back in the Spring, but the film description didn't really catch my eye. I saw several major summer blockbusters before this movie even crossed my mind.

Literally, today I thought "I haven't seen a move in a while. Wow, this has really good user reviews." I will check it out.

Damn, it was a great movie. It was a movie that was in love with love, and I can't stand in the way of something that sincere. I loved the quirky touches, the awkward moments, and the karaoke. It was interesting to see things from the guy's perspective as well, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt did a really decent job of portraying all the emotional stages that his character experiences.

It has its cutesy moments, like the unbelievable tough-talking 11 year old sister and the goofy friends, but sometimes I'm willing to let some cheap gimmicks further along the plot if it helps with the pacing of the film.

But then again, I also really liked My Life in Ruins, so it may be fair to say I'm in that wierd girly place where I'm just into romcoms at the mom(ent). For those who have an aversion to girl-trap movies - go see 500 days, don't go see Ruins. Trust me, I know what I'm rappin' about here.

No comments:

Post a Comment