Friday, June 5, 2009

did you ever have to make up your mind?

Oooooooh, what to see this weekend? What to see, what to see? Three movies are competing for my attention this weekend as The Hangover, Land of the Lost, and My Life in Ruins are all opening. Right now, Land of the Lost has the early lead because of the absolute brilliance of Danny McBride. He is the highlight of anything you spy him in. His series on HBO, East Bound and Down, never fails to shock me and make me laugh at something entirely innappropriate (like snorting cocaine on the down-low next to an eleven year old in the middle of a junior high cafeteria, or getting back at your enemies by throwing them off the back of your jet ski and into painfully shallow water). Extra bonus points if anybody can recall what he yells right before activating the explosives in the opening scene of Tropic Thunder. He makes lowbrow humor a higher art form.

After that, I will have to appease my X chromosomes and see My Life in Ruins. Unlike every other female in the US, My Big Fat Greek Wedding didn't knock my socks off. Somehow I still want to see this movie, if only for the sweet beard on the love interest. I fully expect to hate myself after seeing this one.

The Hangover is tempting, but I have a feeling that it blows its comedic load in its commercials.

I'll update as I knock some of these out this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment