Saturday, June 6, 2009

Land of the Lost

It's too bad that I didn't watch this series as a kid. The strong feelings of nostalgia would have most likely helped me to enjoy this movie more. Bummer, because I really wanted to like this one.

Combining the special effects necessary (even nostalgia wouldn't excuse a claymation dinosaur from the old series in this adaptation) for today's audience with over-the-top cheesy costumes and high-school play caliber set props was a difficult gig to make work from the get go. They did what they could, but ultimately even the actors didn't seem to be having much fun with it, and I didn't either.

Dangit!

High points: Danny McBride getting in a few good one-liners. Matt Lauer's surprise spot.

p.s. - I know the list for remakes is getting shorter and shorter, but if somebody tries to remake The Waltons, I'm gonna straight-up hate on that from day one. Nobody remakes the Waltons.

No comments:

Post a Comment